Telecoms firm Safaricom has announced the appointment of Ms. Rose Ogega to its Board of Directors. In a notice to the Capital Markets Authority, the teleco noted that Ms Ogega took the seat with effect from February 12.
“Ms. Ogega brings wealth of experience spanning over 25 years advising and managing both large, complex and emerging startup ventures. Her previous boardroom experience and versatility will certainly add value to Safaricom Board, helping take the organisation to the next level of success,” sai Mr Nicholas Nganga, Safaricom Chairman.
Rose worked at audit firm Pricewaterhouse Coopers and DHL international before venturing into entrepreneurship. She is currently the managing director of Bloom Consultancy Limited, an executive coaching organisation that focuses on leadership development through mentoring and coaching.
The full list of the Safaricom board of directors is as below;
- Nicholas Nganga – Chairman & Non-Executive Director
- Bob Collymore – Executive Director & Chief Executive Officer of Safaricom
- Michael Joseph – Non-Executive Director
- Esther Koimett – Alternate to Henry Rotich (CS Finance)
- Kathryne Maundu – Company Secretary
- Bitange Ndemo – Non-Executive Director
- Vivek Badrinath – Non-Executive Director
- Mohamed Shameel Aziz Joosub – Non-Executive Director
- Till Streichert – Non-Executive Director
- Linda Watiri Muriuki – Non – Executive Director
- Rose Ogega – Non – Executive Director