Hemingways collection will retain its 400 employees as it resumes operations in its Nairobi and Watamu resorts on Tuesday after close to three months of being shut as a result of the Covid-19.
Alistair Addison, the Group’s chief executive officer noted that all staff had been recalled ad trained within the World Health Organisation’s hygiene and sanitation rules.
According to him the two facilities will be fully operational including booking of rooms, the restaurants, spa and other amenities.
“The Covid-19 preventative measures we have adopted go above the minimum government standards to offer complete comfort and security to our guests while ensuring the unique experience of staying at Hemingways collection is retained,” he said.
Further he added that they had also invested in advanced cleaning equipment that will be used within the two facilities popular among the world’s wealthy families and senior political figures.
“As a group, we are positive that Hemingways Nairobi’s and Hemingways Watamu’s re-opening is good news within the hospitality industry. We have been hit hard as a sector and our move to re-open charts our path to recovery. We know it won’t be easy but we are delighted to, once again, be welcoming guests to Hemingways collection,” said Mr Addison
Ol Seki Hemingways mara in Narok county will be reopened once improvements are complete, he said.